YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: Fairview police said a fire that ripped through five commuter buses earlier today was ignited by a faulty extension cord plugged into a diesel engine.
Firefighters extinguished the blazes in the Rite Ride Transportation Corp. buses behind 101 Broad Avenue within 20 minutes, with backup from Cliffside Park and Ridgefield, Fairview Detective Sgt. Vincent Bellucci said.
“The investigation revealed that the fire started in the engine compartment of one bus and spread to the adjacent buses,” Bellucci reported. “The diesel engine was plugged into an extension cord that emanated from the business, which may have contributed to the fire.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.