RIDGEFIELD, NJ. -- The Ridgefield Health Department will be offering a free skin cancer screening on Thursday, June 9, in conjunction with the Health Awareness Regional Program of Hackensack UMC.
Screenings will be conducted by physician assistant Jamie Price or Dr. Gangaram Ragi.
Here are some potential warning signs with moles:
- asymmetry: one half does not match the other
- border irregularity: the edges are ragged, notched or blurred
- color: pigmentation is not uniform
- diameter: greater than 6mm or continuing to increase in size
- evolving: any change, in size, shape, color or elevation
The event will run from 9 a.m. until noon, at the Health Department, 725 Slocum Ave.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.