PHOTOS: A trio of Cliffside Park police officers rescued three people this morning from a raging house fire that officials believe may have been sparked by an unattended candle.
Six victims in all were reported treated for smoke inhalation in the Lafayette Avenue blaze, which broke out downstairs around 6:30 a.m. and quickly shot up through the two-family house.
Three were already outside when emergency responders arrived.
Three others had to climb out the window to the roof, where Officers Nick Franolic, Yakup Zoklu and Scott Young helped two men and a woman down a ladder.
“You could see the fear in their faces,” Franolic told Nj.com . “They just wanted to get out.”
Edgewater, Fairview and Ridgefield firefighters joined their Cliffside Park colleagues.
CLIFFVIEW PILOT Correspondent Richard Criscione was at the scene and took the photos here.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.