FAIRVIEW, N.J. -- Reports of a woman trapped in a Fairview basement fire proved unfounded, and a dryer blaze was quickly extinguished Tuesday afternoon, authorities told Daily Voice.
The Broad Avenue (Route 9) apartment house fire, reported at 4:22 p.m., kept the highway closed about an hour, Deputy Police Chief Martin Kahn said.
Emergency responders got everyone out, including the wheelchair-bound woman -- who was in an apartment and not the laundry room, Kahn said. No one was injured, he said.
Firefighters contained the blaze to the dryer, the deputy chief said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.