EDGEWATER, N.J. -- Edgewater resident Vanessa Deleon is a busy woman.
When the interior designer is not working on high-rise buildings, condos, restaurants and homes in both her home state of New Jersey -- she's from Englewood originally -- or in Manhattan or the Caribbean island of St. Martin, she's busy partnering with major brands along with working on a possible new television show.
The owner of New York City-based Vanessa Deleon Associates , this 15-year veteran of the business has quite the impressive resume, with appearances on everything from NBC’s "American Dream Builders," the Food Network’s "Restaurant Impossible," on HGTV’s "Generation Renovation, " and Bravo’s "Million Dollar Listing." Additionally she's made guest appearances on "The Better Show," the "Today Show," and is a contributing designer for "Open House NYC."
Despite her notoriety, she remains passionate about living in Bergen County. "It's nice to be homegrown and rooted on the forefront of this growing state," she said. "I have been fortunate enough to have my signature style of design throughout the beautiful Gold Coast of New Jersey. What better skyline view can you get of another state I adore, New York."
As for her ideas on home renovations, she offered the following five tips:
- Do your research before hiring a designer. Look at his/her experience in the industry.
- Make sure to have all interested parties in the initial consultation. This can save your relationship.
- Make sure your designer works with local trustworthy contractors; this in highly important.
- Trust your designer -- grant him/her the authority he/she needs to make your dream space come alive.
- You can't afford not to hire a designer. " Often I hear of nightmares when trying to do it on your own, especially kitchen and bathrooms," she said.
Trends she sees going forward in 2016:
- Lighter wall colors
- Mixed metal in furniture and accessories, try copper with a splash of gold, or the hot look of black metals.
- Geometrics in wall coverings, tiles, backsplash, and rugs the edgy and Avant-garde.
- Sustainable glamourous interiors.
- Different shape mirrors on walls or free standing decorative mirrors.
Go to www.vanessadeleon.com/ for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.